Saturday, August 29, 2009

"DISNEYLAND"










Well, it turned out not going to the Condo in Vail, Co. wasn't all that big of a deal this year. Since we did get in several fishing trips in So. Utah at the property this year, Disneyland was on the Agenda. It's not the same in Vail with out my Father-in-Law who passed away a few years ago. Fishing is always good but never the same. I lucked out in the Mother-in-Law department. They don't come any better than the one I have... She's the best. I wish she could have come with is this year as she spent the week before we left visiting with us up here. I felt bad not attending Mass with her as I usually do. Next time.

We headed down to Disneyland Friday evening and I had to use GPS instruments (IFR) the entire way due to the fog and traffic, got checked into the hotel, and decided to get started right away. The night flew by and we decided to get up around seven a.m. to get a fresh start on the day. Disneyland was much more fun this year than four years ago, it wasn't nearly as crowded and the place was much "lighter" than the last time, mostly with European tourists, and alot of Asians as well. I was able to strike up a short conversation with a Viet Namese immigrant in the "Raiders of the lost Arc" ride (in Viet Namese) as he didn't speak a word of English. The ride was well worth it. We spent 5 hours in the morning, went to the hotel and ate and slept then returned for the evening and six more hours of walking and riding.

The next day Sunday, we went back at the "Magic Morning" at Disneyland where for the second time in four years, "Splash Mountain" was not operating...then to the California Adventure Park again for the day. I didn't ride much but enjoyed the sights. We went on the water ride twice, got soaked, the Hotel of Terror or whatever they call that place, (It got my attention) but the most fun was the "California Screemin' roller coaster... What a trip, as this contraption catapults you from ground zero (Electromagnetically) to 80 MPH up this incline in six seconds. Reminiscent of being catapulted off a U.S. Aircraft Carrier in an FA-18 Hornet... OMG... I also got to talk brush up alot on my Spanish while I was there as a lot of the help were bi-lingual.

We watched the "Parade of Lights", what an over all blast for the three days... Money seemed to be no object with Taylor and Sandi. I was more frugal and only purchased the little pins that go on their (I didn't get one, see photo's) admission necklaces you received when you get the package deal. We were all exhausted, I felt really bad for Taylor, nearly 15 hours of walking in three days... She and Sandi were spent and slept the entire way back... It took me four days before my legs to stop aching... Back to my mountain bike training...

Were going to Sea World and Universal Studio's next summer...

No comments: