Monday, September 27, 2010

"NASCAR" Truck races







                 Saturday night a bunch of us met at the NASCAR raceway here in Las Vegas and watched a night full of racing and flying.  Before the race, they introduced the drivers.  During the National Anthem, two Combat Ready F-22 Raptor's surprised us with a flyby.  The crowd erupted!  It was awesome.  I did manage to hear them coming back by and caught the second Raptor chasing the other on straight up before the crowd.  I decided to wear my Shooting ear gear this year so I wouldn't have my patented headache after the race from the extreme noise.  After the  race Steve and I grabbed some "In and Out" burgers on the way home.  No traffic and only one fight!
                Nice and quiet for a change.  And of course a very generous THANK YOU, Lori for the surprise stack of tickets.  I managed to use all but two.  Your the best.  Saw many people I knew there.  Fun night.  Cell calls and texting was miserable as usual.  I managed to have the Church Scout Leader drop off my huge generator at a neighbors house as Taylor and Sandi went to the movies.  Ha! Truck Races, no girls allowed......

No comments: