Friday, April 1, 2011

"$75 Bucks !!!






          We decided to go up to Brian Head, Saturday and spend the day tubing, head back to St. George and have a little Pizza Factory before returning home.  I have our house guest taking care of several incidentals needed around the house.
I stopped at the cheapest gas station I could find, and it took $75 dollars to fill up the SUV.  On top of that I will have to top off in St. George before coming home. 
If we had a "real" president that had a pair, we would be drilling at home and only paying .65 cents a gallon.  But I digress!
   I had to top off in Cedar City, another $30.00 in gas, and with breakfast and then lunch it made for an interesting day.  We stopped off at the property in New Harmony and I checked out everything.  Most of the snow was gone and it looked like I was the first human being to walk ever in that area.  On to St. George, since the Durango has a somewhat antiquated GPS system and we didn't have the Garmin with us we decided to find the "Pizza Factory" in town rather than the usual RedCliffs restaurant.  I decided to use my cell phone. Understand that is an expensive phone that has App in it you can get and I have everything but the FA-18 Super Hornet simulator.  The wife is working this thing while I'm driving and tells me that it is in fact on the south side of St. George.  We ended up somewhere between St. George and Santa Clara, I think at some hole in the wall "Pizza Factory" on Sunset Blvd.  After getting instructions to locate the well hidden restrooms, I sauntered over to our table.  I noticed a woman at the table who looked up at me and smiled, her eyes wide as if to say "hello" I know you... I said hello back several times and she then looked puzzled.  I asked if her name was Linda and she replied no.  Boy, did I feel like the idiot.  Never the less, she was sitting with 8 or 9 elderly people and I proceeded to inform them as to why I had called the meeting, puzzled they all looked at me like, who is this guy?  I began to ask if this was the only other Pizza Factory in the county and thy exclaimed that there was one just off the main street in St. George near the Brigham Young home.  I was mad.  But I learned a valuable lesson about my cell phone navigation app.  If you business is doing well and your not advertising, your not on the Nav system.  That's how we ended up at this little whole in the wall with every old person in the universe.  Never the less, the food was good and we headed back to Vegas.  The girls laid down in the back and watched the Yogi bear video.  Naturally the headphones we left back at home so I had to run the sound through the stereo system.  Fortunately having been through this exact torture driving to and from our Condo in Vail, Co., I had brought my Ipod along.  It was only a matter of, would the movie be over before my Ipod with a low battery die before the movie ended.  We came home, it was a good trip.  We all unloaded the SUV and headed to some R&R then off to bed.  A great fun day.... I love Utah!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a fun time. Utah does look very beautiful, someday I hope to see it for myself.