Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"An Early taste of Christmas"




We were able to go to the Ethel M Chocolate factory tonight where my beautiful daughter Taylor L was assigned to sing in her schools first of several choir appearances. It was actually about 75 degrees at six P.M. and what a crowd. All the cacti were smeared with thousands of lights, different in color and each beautiful and somehow spiritual in each one's own right. Taylor was her usual candid self. Usually the shy one in our Church choir, she sang out tonight like a spring Canary.
I was able to snap off a few pics, none of which really came out well, and upon figuring out just how to load it on this page you'll be able to sneak a peek... Not being photogenic, I have never done well in photography so I place my weaknesses on my new Sony camera. It seems to do all I need. I just need to get a better grip on this equipment the size of a deck of cards. Such Irony, an ability to master a 30 million state of the art Helicopter, but dazzled by a camera. More studying required.
I have been somewhat unproductive this week. Not able to focus as much as usual. I will feel much better when I'm up at the Utah property with my Brother in Law in the snow leveling, digging, smoothing, burying whatever in early January... That seems to do the trick. Maybe I can even get him to stop in Brian Head for a few snowboard runs and some Pizza?
My wife bought me a really early birthday present today, we watched it tonight, it was the video of Glen Becks appearance in Utah last year. My goodness I think I actually saw someone I knew in the audience. Glen, what a great guy! I'm hoping now that I'm beginning my second book, based on the Mormon religion, that hey, maybe now that he's going to fox I can get a shot on his program???
It's late, everyone is asleep. I remembered to switch the pool valves back to both the hot tub and pool so it will filter properly.... This pool is like having a second job... I used to not mind sweeping it three times a week. Who knew after several years the novelty would wear itself out... I'm going to break down and get a creepy crawly vacuum this next summer. Taylor L is at the age where she is going to want more and more friends over. Spoiled must be fun!!!
I promise to finish the story about the Camel and the Arab in my next post... A sneak peek into the culture and views of the new President of the New America. Certainly not the one I fought for!
God Bless,
A Lane


No comments: