Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Program/Dinner


Well, we had our Christmas dinner and Sunday programs this weekend. It must have been a sequel to last year.... Again I sat patiently while the wife and daughter ate dinner, (I never eat at functions like this, people are getting used to me being this way. Between not knowing who prepared what and cooked what and what was left out all day, etc., and then everyone and their kids spitting and sneezing all over everything, no thanks.
Then the Bishop had the task of judging the Ginger Bread houses. There were only five entries that the Bishop was tasked to judge. Being the Bishop he split up several second and third places. Not a popular decision with the members but nevertheless it was done. My wife, mother-in-law and daughter had put in a lot time on ours but only tied for third..
Taylor L. got her Santa picture taken with a friend of mine in a Santa Suit. Then we went home and fired up the fireplace.
I was pleasantly surprised during church. In eight years here this was by far the best program we have had. My wife even told me I looked like I was tearing up during one of the songs. My narraration went well, I thought, and the wife told me everyone came up to her during then next two meetings and made a big deal out of it.... I didn't bother to stick around and bailed out of the closest door and headed home. After four times you would think they would get my name right. Last year it was Ed this year it was Allan. I don't remember what it was before that. Next year if asked I'll make sure I proof the program prior to it actually happening. I was pleased at the Choir, they sounded great and it all went off with only one hitch... Because of the time I put into the Toy's for Tot's program every year, (a record year this year) I was unable to "run through" the program until Saturday morning... It was basically me talking between a few songs. I didn't even know there was a flute in one song and a Cello in another until the program.
It has to be interesting to be a Bishop and deal with all this. I've been blessed with a wife who understands thats a calling I would never ever except... I have not the patience nor the time...
We have a great one thank the Lord. Most of the Bishops I've been around for the past twenty years are either rouge or self serving egotists... Up against someone with my personality is like going against a buzz saw... same with the Stake Presidents, but usually they are worse.
So, kudo's to the program.... Christmas in a few days then were out of here for a week or so.
Down to see the inlaws in Phoenix...
(footnote) my wife's Alumni U. of A. spanked my Alumni BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl Saturday night.) but more of that in a future blog....
God Bless,

http://allanes.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what?? didnt eat the food?? what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!!!lol