Friday, December 19, 2008

Privacy Observed


I was reading the local Las Vegas newspaper today and came across a car dealership article that was making a big deal about hiring, helping and selling to Veteran's. The usual players were in the picture in front of the dealership.
It was only a few years ago that I was honored to attend a special meeting as the Nevada Department Commander of the American Legion to recognize this dealership for there contribution to the Veteran's for their involvement and especially for donating two Vehicles for the Memorial Golf Tournament that year for the "Hole in One" event. Although no one won either vehicle the Dealership was well advertised. Numerous plaques were awarded at the meeting and I stressed that having this recognition for either the American Legion or Marine Corps League hanging on their office walls would certainly and immediately persuade a prospective buyer, especially if he/her were a veteran, to change their mind and buy from that dealership. Now with the Iraq war well into the sixth year, they decided to play on that helpful hint.
I was relieved but not surprised to see my name no where in print in the article although I personally made this particular dealership the Flagship of Veteran appreciation. I was glad to see them continue to support our men in Uniform... Hiring them, selling them trucks and of course continuing the "Toy's for Tot's" program I started with them that Christmas. And since they graciously chose to omit my name and give credit where credit is due, I will do the same for them.
Semper FI

(I didn't play in the golf tournament that year. A hole in one for me would have constituted a Miracle) Besides I'm a Mercedes guy... (I actually put "Golf" on my list of endangered Species several years ago, right after I took my wife out golfing for the first time, I gave up and caddied for her after the sixth hole..) (UGH!!!)
Http://allanes.blogspot.com

No comments: