Saturday, June 27, 2009

"Big Horn Sheep Park"






Well after three tries this year and being told to come in June, Taylor and I ran up to Lake Mead to the infamous Big Horn sheep park. It's been there for over 25 years and the Big Horn travel down the Lake mountains and graze at the park..It's cool how they are docile and allow people to get pretty close before darting away...
Mom worked at the restaurant and I decided not to scower over 20 to 30 blogs today, (sometimes twice) so we went for a drive.
Taylor was excited and I was relieved when we pulled up to see about 100 sheep... grazing and minding their own business.
Taylor tried to pet them but they were too quick for her. I was wondering if they would stay docile and not charge her or others. I was prepared though, I was wearing my trusty butt pack with my equalizer on board just in case.
All in all it was a lot of fun... We stopped at BK and ate, then dropped by the restaurant to show mom the picks then spent an hour swimming and yes, cleaning the pool.. It's amazing how fast one can spend one hundred dollars on pool supplies...
Some friends came over to babysit Taylor until mom got home and the rest of us went to the Asia/Yes concert at the Thomas and Mack...
What a day... I slept in until 10:00, ran and got some doughnuts, came back home and slept for another three hours... I don't remember the last time in twenty years I've done that...

No comments: