Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Celebration !

(The Neighbors got into the act up and down the street this year, seemed to be more participation.)
(Grand Finale)

(Sandi holding up a Roman torch)

(Everyone was tired from a long day, but had a blast)
(Light it up!)
(Taylor holding a sparkler. My good camera seemed to be in the fritz!)
(Taylor and Matthew battle on their DS's..)
(Me getting the ribs ready to BBQ!)
(yes, the pool was actually clean and 88*degrees)

(My brother Steve slaps on some Tony Roma's BBQ sauce to the ribs)

We enjoyed a great weekend. Saturday, Sandi and I completely re-organized the Garage I just spent 4 hours on last month. Later I worked on the pool getting it ready for family and friends to come over for BBQ ribs. After a great dinner and swimming we enjoyed about $500 worth of Moapa Tribal Smoke Shoppe fireworks we procured from our trip back last Memorial day. We made the skys look like it was full of Triple AAA.
It sits between St. George, Ut and Las Vegas. Most of them are illegal but are sold in another county so it is what it is..
My brother Steve is headed back to New York for training for a month then may get sent to Afghanistan later next year with his company... Everyone went to bed exhausted...
A great weekend!
Independence day meant much more to me this year than usual. As I sit back and watch Chair man Obama destroy or freedoms daily, I think off all my friends and young men who gave the ultimate sacrifice only to see it possibly go in vain.
God Willing and the creek don't rise we will all get together and make this country as great as it was in the days of yore.

God Bless America!!!

No comments: