Friday, September 2, 2011

NFL Cardinal's Game/ Arizona Trip


Bighorn Sheep park.


One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready and four to go!


Taylor at the Bighorn Sheep park, clowning!

Endzone View of the Touchdown at the Cardinal's game!


Beautiful Rainbow on the way where we encountered a huge thunder and lighting storm for two hours.

"Big Surf"



Well we went to Phoenix last weekend to see the Cardinal's game, unfortunately we had already bought the tickets weeks earlier and then found out my QB cousin, Max Hall was put on the injured reserve waivers two days before the game. It was an exciting trip, the first time I have actually driven over the new Hoover Dam By-pass. It was uneventful as we were literally over it before we realized we were. It's only a few football fields across and at 65 or 70 MPH shazaam, your over it! We will stop down sometime soon and actually walk across, if possible, and gets some good pictures. On the way we got a great shot of a rainbow, The Arizonan's must have pissed off oBummer big time, the roads were horrible. It was nice finally taking a longer trip in our already one year old new car next month. It drove like a Mercedes and used less than a tank of gas down and back. Richard and Lori met us at the Cardinal's game, it was exciting to see the new stadium. I've become more of a Dallas Cowboys fan ( Sandi's favorite team) but still deep down inside follow the Oakland Raider's. We went to the "Big Surf" park in Tempe and at best calculations I hadn't been there since right after Desert Storm in 1992. It was weird, it was like going into Disneyland and the only thing you recognize is the Matterhorn. After about an hour in the wave pool I asked a few people that had been there for awhile if it was the same. They all told me that except for the wave pool itself, the entire park, was redesigned. (I took the straight jacket back to the car! Whew!) Never the less, we enjoyed the park all day, ate and snacked. Climbing up the rides wore me out in the first few hours. Do to my recent bane, I'm only at about 85% at any given time. I enjoyed the wave pool a lot. The Girl's just ran all over the park. Taylor and Sandi both are endless energy. Afterwards we went back to Sandi's mom's before the game and ate a delicious BBQ dinner. Sunday morning we followed Sandi and her mom over to Sandi's sisters house, where they had recently moved from Pioria. After about 20 miles I had T-Bug text her mom to see if we were still in Arizona. There new home was nice, small but nice and out there with the Coyote's and wild pigs and spiders et.al; but nice just the same. The ride back was nice, the girls listened to the Sirius channel that does the open reading. They read the Book "The Help" of which both have read and seen the movie. (not me) I don't do TV. I'm on the PC Most of the time, Plus I just bought a new Killer Laptop. I'm having to get new software and hardware, extra Data sticks, etc., I have been in undated with "Friends" requests on Facebook but have had to be picky. Sandi is on too but not often. I do most of the Social Networking. Lot's of fun. We stopped at the Big Horn Sheep park on the way home in Boulder City, hoping the sheep would be there (and a restroom) and they were both there! We got home and ate dinner, unloaded and did a Jacuzzi before retiring for the weekend. I took a few pic's but not many. I'm seemingly always conserving my energy. The 110 degree heat is kicking my behind. Well I had a few moments to write about this quick trip I'll catch up with everything else this weekend. Hopefully Richard and Lori will meet us up at the Property in New Harmony this weekend. Were going to hit the St. George Temple and a few other places like Sandi's favorite "Pizza Factory" on Main st. May or may not go fishing. Looking forward to a long weekend. Since they got a lot of rain I'll have to take the Durango. I wanted to pick up a new SUV but Sandi loves her Durango (even though she never drives it anymore, spoiled!!!)

More pics and entrys on the way soon! Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

No comments: