Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"The Coming of the Lord"

The Coming of the Lord by Gerald Lund of the Seventy was a recently recommended book. Most of you know that I'm huge on stocking up on food supplies and spiritual preparation for the unexpected. Call It a Marine Corps instinct, there is never a minute that I'm lacks in discussing or helping people with there future supplies of the commodities.
This book is perhaps the biggest "wake up call" I have received in my life. Written many years ago, Elder Lund discusses events and prophecies that years later now have actually happened or are happening in this world.
It's no wonder now that I felt such an instinct to look towards Utah and Zion for a refuge and a place of peace and security. I have a sixth sense about things and always have. This book is powerful and eyeopening. I was unable to sleep well for several days after the first time through. But I have never felt an inner peace before as I do now.
With the growing turmoil and fears are rising in the nation and worldwide, Elder Lunds book was able to put me at ease and look towards the second coming rather than face it with a life of apprehension. It has been a road map for reality, for anyone in any religion.
Never before other than during actual combat conditions have I felt a more at ease with my future. Never before during my life in religion have things made more sense than now.
Call it a sixth sense or the spirit guiding me since reading this book, but I have found an ever greater desire and drive to help the members get there food supplies together and their lives in order.
Sandi and I have discussed purchasing this book for each of the wards families as a Christmas gift this year. Never has there been a more open and clear expression of prophecy.
Never before have I felt this kind of direction and guidance.
A must read for all!
God Bless you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to get that book tomorrow. I like you have felt a need to get my house in order. I really like your blog. Like minded people like us need to stick together and cry all is NOT well in Zion. On Tuesdays a few ladies from the ward get together and talk and do food storage together. We need to talk next Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to get that book tomorrow. I like you have felt a need to get my house in order. I really like your blog. Like minded people like us need to stick together and cry all is NOT well in Zion. On Tuesdays a few ladies from the ward get together and talk and do food storage together. We need to talk next Sunday.