Sunday, January 18, 2009

Proposition 8, The L.D.S. Church, and Tom Hanks runs his mouth.....

Thanks Tom Hanks. I can now appropriately add you to the list of people who can and do act well, in the likes of Tim Robbins, Sean Pean, Susan Sherandon, et. al., etc.. The same people who are actors because they have no real life... When it comes to leadership, Class, decency, role modeling, you are all emotionally and morally bankrupt. Hence, that is why you act. You act out roles of people and personalities that you could never claim for yourselves. How sad. Good for me as I now have yet another excuse to not spend fifteen dollars for a theater ticked and waste good quality time watching you on the big screen.
You see it takes very little to motivate me either way upon sitting on a fence. Do to your running of your mouth, has now pushed me over to making a decision that I had hoped to stay neutral in.
Although it takes time for me to sort, ponder and finally decide in the best interests of everyone, how or what turns I can or should take in life, there are always those whom make decisions easier by just being themselves. Tom Hanks, I thank you. Not only for your past movies, but for what they stood for.
You see this past year I elected to forgo my Churches Tithing settlement. This is where a church member goes before his Clergyman and settle his 10% Tithes. Because of obvious Church politics, poor leadership and sitting back for that past eight to ten years, watching the African-American and Legal and illegal population of Mexico under the guise of new Membership, but in my personal opinion, merely adding on the the rapidly depleting handouts within America of Government assistance join my Church, I chose to nix any Tithing's this year witch is usually paid in a one time lump sum in the month of December. Although, rumors are seeping back that this has plunged the Stakes Annual budget into a crisis for 2009, we felt that perhaps the money could be used for greater purposes in the Church. My wife and I agreed that a donation to Proposition 8 in the former great state of California, in the sum of $25.000.00 would be much more appropriate and better spent.
One that this great nation was built on was Marriage, family and family unity. Since there is no, and I repeat no rational thought processes in discussing consequences with and Gay and Lesbian communities, perhaps a little help for those who are fighting to keep Marriage between a Man and a Woman sacred and the normal way of life is in good order.
So Tom Hanks, there's plenty of where that came from, so if you feel the urge to have some of your "buddies" run there mouths against the L.D.S. church it takes little for me to open back up the old check book.
I guess when an actor becomes an old has been, and can't sell a movie ticket on E-Bay they resort to other rhetoric. Trust me Tom, living in reality is fun. It can be difficult, even when you have a lot of money... But there is so much more to do when your a former movie Icon when you live in the real world.
Enough Said;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudo's Mr. Lane,
Someone out there taking the Idiots head on! More power to the Mormon's and other religions, working to keep this nation as great as it once was...
Where can I send a donation?
Radford Kelly