Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Church Christmas dinner








           Taylor and I went to the Church Christmas dinner last Saturday.  There was a huge turnout.  I sat alone at a table and Taylor's friends all came and sat with us, including a friend in the Ward who occasionally drops off her children for us to babysit now and then.  As usual I didn't eat anything.  If I can't see it being made, or it's not a 4 star or better restaurant (not including the Spaghetti Factory or Pizza Factory in Utah) I don't touch it.  I even declined to attend our Company Christmas party this year, because it's pot luck, (everyone bring a dish) dinner.  No thanks!  I've been through enough these past six months and with this special diet I'm on I'll stay on the straight and narrow. 
The Missionary's spoke and sang.  The Bishop was low profile as usual...  Taylor pretty much just hung out with friends, Sandi was at work.  I sat there most of the night talking to our friend, but as usual don't socialize much with anyone.  Not my style... We don't see a lot of her anymore with this weird schedule she's on.  Later, the children were invited to sit on Santa's lap and get photo's taken... It was a Ward member who always volunteers.  Great guy.  On a better note, I'm not going to have to narrate the Ward Christmas program for the first time in five years.  And if they are waiting for the last minute to ask me (usual M.O.) they are out of luck.
It was a good night.  We went back home and hung out!  Very nice dinner!

No comments: