Monday, December 13, 2010

Mom's Birthday!

                 


                      Mom turned 86 this year and although we wanted to have a big birthday party at the church for all of her friends it dawned on us that she has out lived most of them.  I bought a big Carrot cake and headed out to the house.  Linda bought her assorted Arizona Cardinal's gear.. Shirts, gloves, etc., Sandi, Taylor and I bought her an authentic Arizona Cardinal's jersey with our cousin Az. QB Max Hall's name and number on it.  It fit perfectly to my surprise.  Bradley and Eddie were a complete no show, ever, to no one's surprise.  It's been 16 years since I've seen or spoken to Eddie. (No loss there).. When I think of the two most influential women in my life I think of Mom and a beautiful lady I met in Salt Lake City, Utah named Naomi (Muh) Smith.  Two of the classiest, righteous people I have ever known.  Mom has been without Dad for 25 years now.  She is getting frail and forgetful. We realize that every day and every holiday may be her last, so we make the best of everyday.  I never give up a chance to get a big hug and tell Mom I love her.  I'm so glad Taylor had a grandmother to know growing up.  I never knew my Grandmothers, and only had one Grandfather that I knew.   Muh Smith was a Grandmother to me of sorts.  I'll post more picks of her and mom when I find them.  Mom was excited.  It's been frustrating for Linda for the past 12 years living with Mom and dealing with her memory loss and other Health issues.  We almost lost Mom in March of this year. We have been blessed and hopefully will be blessed for many more years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are some very happy picture's. I see you have your mom's cheekbones. That's part of what gives you such a nice smile. Happy Birthday Mrs. Lane!