Friday, December 17, 2010

"Pheasant Hunting in Utah"


My Brother in Law in Phoenix surprisingly invited me to go Pheasant hunting at a Reserve north of Provo, Utah the week after Christmas for three days.  I was caught off guard buy the invite as I had not been invited several years before when Richard and my other brother in law Steven headed out annually.  I suspected they didn't want me along because although I might be an expert Pistol shooter, the only thing I have been able to hit with a Shotgun was usually a bad guy at ten feet.  We went out shooting last weekend and I couldn't hit the Skeet machine in front of me if I wanted to.  Even the wadding was close to hitting the clay's but the "shot Pellets" were no where near it.
Never the less, I enjoy more going than doing.  It gives me a chance to "rough it" once in awhile.  I get to take out my survival gear and MRE's and not shower for a few days, and let it all hang out before I have to return to civilization... Although, we will be hitting the Pizza Factory in Provo around 6 P.M. Monday night to get stuffed.... We did manage to get some rooms in Lehi (Richard is bringing his hunting Dogs)  and after the hunt Steve and I are going to head to Manti and visit family for a few hours, eat and head back to the property in New Harmony. 
I haven't decided what to take yet, the Durango or the Jet.  If it's snowing I'm going with the Durango for 4x4 purposes.  I just have to decide If I should scrape off the Dallas Cowboys "Star" on the back window to avoid any persecution. 
I'm excited to go, and anyone of you can join us!  There's always plenty of room and I'm going to fully enjoy this month off.
I'll put pictures on the Blog when I get back.

No comments: